One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Such an atlas, called an isolario, emerges out of a cosmographical tradition in which Thevet was steeped and which had its practical uses.’
- ‘Also included is an interesting cosmographical miscellany that is unpublished but holds a great deal of interest for historians of cartography.’
- ‘This sumptuous book provided a cosmographical introduction similar to that in the Cosmographia but in a more elaborate and elegant way.’
- ‘This boom in cosmographical imagery in the 1650s seems to reflect a growing public awareness of the Copernican issue, which can also be attested from other sources.’
- ‘The first section of the atlas consists of cosmographical, astronomical and astrological texts translated into Catalan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.