One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘During its operation as a function centre, night spot and disco, it has been looked after cosmetically, but beneath the surface expensive restoration work is necessary.’
- ‘In 2004, the downloader - at least cosmetically - has gone from being the music industry's archenemy to its best mate.’
- ‘Squint surgery corrects the misalignment cosmetically; however there can be no visual function improvement in that eye.’
- ‘As always, extreme makeover or not, if you're not happy with who you are on the inside, cosmetically changing the outside will never make up for it.’
- ‘Essential oils will penetrate to the epidermis (bottom layer of skin) to exert their beneficial effects, and work cosmetically to help slow the aging process.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.