One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small South American swan with white plumage and bright pink legs and feet.
- ‘Waterfowl included the black-necked swans, coscoroba swans and the amusing steamer ducks.’
- ‘Later, we came across a pair of coscoroba swans that were at first mistaken as geese due to their smaller size, shorter necks and less graceful stature.’
- ‘Of the 7 types of swans in the world, the coscoroba swan is the smallest.’
- ‘Among these are the black-necked and coscoroba swans, the southern screamer, the caiman alligator, flamingos, pintail ducks, capivara, and many other intriguing species of vertebrates and invertebrates.’
- ‘As a result, the coscoroba swan is listed.’
Early 19th century: coscoroba from the modern Latin taxonomic name, of unknown origin.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.