One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for hydrocortisone
- ‘Chemicals such as adrenaline, noradrenaline and cortisol are pumped into the bloodstream.’
- ‘The answer to these questions lies with the hormone cortisol, which plays a crucial role in triggering birth.’
- ‘There can be loss of secretion of both cortisol and aldosterone if there is destruction of the adrenal glands by tumour or infection.’
- ‘The hormones cortisol, serotonin and tryptophan may be affected by sunlight, as well.’
- ‘Because cortisol mobilizes amino acids, it is effective in helping to repair damaged tissue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.