One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hormone secreted by the adrenal cortex, one of the glucocorticoids.
- ‘Melatonin and corticosterone are integral to the regulation of daily activity cycles in birds.’
- ‘Upon stimulation, the rats suddenly released the stress hormone corticosterone, very like the cortisol humans release under stress.’
- ‘Note from the text of the full paper that stress causes the release of the hormone corticosterone which lowers latent inhibition.’
- ‘Working with mountain chickadees caught in California, he has inserted implants that release corticosterone, a hormone associated with stress.’
- ‘Blood tests revealed comparable baseline concentrations of the stress hormone corticosterone in cautious and bold rats.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.