One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hormone secreted by the adrenal cortex, one of the glucocorticoids.
- ‘Upon stimulation, the rats suddenly released the stress hormone corticosterone, very like the cortisol humans release under stress.’
- ‘Note from the text of the full paper that stress causes the release of the hormone corticosterone which lowers latent inhibition.’
- ‘Blood tests revealed comparable baseline concentrations of the stress hormone corticosterone in cautious and bold rats.’
- ‘Melatonin and corticosterone are integral to the regulation of daily activity cycles in birds.’
- ‘Working with mountain chickadees caught in California, he has inserted implants that release corticosterone, a hormone associated with stress.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.