One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Power is not inherently virtuous (and power is not inherently corruptive, either).’
- ‘By contrast, there is much evidence that the post-1913 system has been deeply corruptive.’
- ‘Rather an action, or set of actions, is corruptive of an institution in so far as the action, or actions, have a negative moral effect on the institution.’
- ‘Nothing is gained, however, by calling melodrama, or melodramatic violence, morally corruptive.’
- ‘Protecting the integrity of racing from corruptive forces is his priority - and the investigation into claims of skulduggery following the explosion in betting exchanges are top of his ‘to do’ list.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.