Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Packaging material made from layers of thick paper, the top layer of which is alternately grooved and ridged for added strength and rigidity.
- ‘It will retain small parts of the business located in Norway, Sweden and Poland, which concentrate on containerboard and corrugated paper.’
- ‘Glue corrugated paper to the binding of the book.’
- ‘We used corrugated paper to form columns, and assembled small wood scraps and pipe cleaners for sculptures, rails, fences and ramps.’
- ‘Boxes can be decorated with left over wallpaper scraps, coloured corrugated paper and twine and sponge art.’
- ‘In 1871, one Albert L. Jones patented corrugated paper.’
corrugated paper/ˈkôrəˌɡādid ˈpāpər/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.