One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for mercuric chloride
- ‘From the vapour density and from the specific heats, it is further demonstrated that the molecule of corrosive sublimate, like that of chloride of ethylene, contains two atoms of chlorine.’
- ‘Paste made with alum will keep about a fortnight, but can be kept longer by the addition of corrosive sublimate in the proportion of one part of corrosive sublimate to a thousand parts of paste.’
- ‘If you think those symptoms are bad, and that we do not use any medicine so lethal as corrosive sublimate and carbolic acid today, you'd better rethink the problem.’
- ‘It was nearly a year ago when you handled this; but corrosive sublimate is always dangerous.’
- ‘It is always advisable to use earthenware vessels; indeed, this is necessary, as corrosive sublimate acts upon metals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.