One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The theory that states that the definition or criterion of truth is that true propositions correspond to the facts.
- ‘But not all philosophies are metaphysics, and not all rely on the correspondence theory of truth.’
- ‘How should one go about deciding between the correspondence theory and the prosentential theory?’
- ‘For foundationalists - or for advocates of the correspondence theory of truth generally - a belief or proposition is either true or it isn't.’
- ‘What would theology look like if it not only rejected the primacy of the correspondence theory of truth, but sought to follow Wittgenstein and move beyond realism as well?’
- ‘It is more likely that the move invokes a certain form of the correspondence theory of truth: if what someone says at a certain time is true, then the state of the world at that time must be such as to make it true.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.