One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1An enlisted member of a military medical unit.
- ‘A corpsman checked him out, found his pulse and blood pressure to be excessively high, and referred him to the base hospital.’
- ‘Navy corpsman and Army medical components worked side-by-side with Canadian medical units to provide care, but there was a problem.’
- ‘An example is the scene in the church in which Wade, the medical corpsman in the unit, talks about waiting for his mother to come home from work.’
- ‘That platoon depends upon the corpsman's ability to think and react quickly in combat and in other critical situations.’
- ‘We also brought a hospital corpsman with us, in case of any in-flight medical emergencies.’
- 1.1 A member of a civilian corps, especially a paramedical corps.
- ‘Studies after Desert Storm showed that wartime trauma experience in the military was primarily supplied by Reserve doctors and corpsmen who worked in civilian trauma centers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.