1An enlisted member of a military medical unit.
- ‘We also brought a hospital corpsman with us, in case of any in-flight medical emergencies.’
- ‘That platoon depends upon the corpsman's ability to think and react quickly in combat and in other critical situations.’
- ‘A corpsman checked him out, found his pulse and blood pressure to be excessively high, and referred him to the base hospital.’
- ‘Navy corpsman and Army medical components worked side-by-side with Canadian medical units to provide care, but there was a problem.’
- ‘An example is the scene in the church in which Wade, the medical corpsman in the unit, talks about waiting for his mother to come home from work.’
- 1.1A member of a civilian corps, especially a paramedical corps.
- ‘Studies after Desert Storm showed that wartime trauma experience in the military was primarily supplied by Reserve doctors and corpsmen who worked in civilian trauma centers.’