One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A resting pose in yoga, typically assumed at the end of a session, in which one lies flat on one's back with one's eyes closed and one's arms relaxed at one's sides.‘after you've completed one or both routines, relax in corpse pose’
- ‘The class ends with students flat on their backs in corpse pose.’
- ‘Right at the end there's ten minutes with the lights off, eyes closed and in the corpse pose.’
- ‘For any meditation technique, it is necessary to sit with the back erect (or lie down in the corpse pose if you have a back problem).’
- ‘Then extend your legs and lie flat on your back in corpse pose, arms relaxed at your sides for at least 5 minutes.’
- ‘Then relax for as long as you like in corpse pose: lie on your back, letting feet fall open, arms relaxed by your sides, palms up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.