One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The control of a state or organization by large interest groups.
- ‘It is time to get rid of the selfish views and the rampant abuse of our planet and people for the foolish and temporary profits of corporatism.’
- ‘It is a war against unbridled corporatism and militarism.’
- ‘Mussolini's fascism attempted to remove class antagonisms through nationalism and corporatism.’
- ‘This allowed Britain, for example, to build up a particularly rigid form of welfare corporatism under Labour's post-war governments, and then to shift sharply to the right under Margaret Thatcher.’
- ‘In economic policies they would eventually adopt a platform of militant corporatism and economic nationalism.’
- ‘However, rowing remains one of the few pursuits that has retained its dignity to the present day, seen in distinction from corporatism and its pervasive influences.’
- ‘Fascism is about corporatism and the slow, sly, insidious subversion of the democratic process, which you have very capably written about.’
- ‘Mussolini defined the first stage of fascism as corporatism.’
- ‘Fascism should more appropriately be called corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power.’
- ‘She gets this so wrong it's not funny and I'm tempted to digress with some comments on the historical link between fascism and corporatism - but why bother.’
- ‘Like fascists everywhere, Hitler saw corporatism, sometimes dismissed by contemporary scholars as a smokescreen for the untrammelled power of big business, as one of the keys to social peace.’
- ‘Unfortunately American political culture, and increasingly global political culture, is infected with themes of either radical individualism or radical corporatism.’
- ‘Do the people of AdBusters, the people who sport their black spot logo and the people who support this type of action realize that capitalism and corporatism and the buying and making of goods is what keeps America going?’
- ‘A third area of interest includes the mechanisms of capitalist accommodation, especially nationalism and corporatism.’
- ‘Their support for corporatism displays true fascism as Mussolini defined the term.’
- ‘Socialism, fascism, communism, corporatism and indeed our own hybrid democracy are all exercises in minimising financial risk in people's lives.’
- ‘Fascist-style corporatism had little appeal in liberal democracies.’
- ‘The problem is corporatism in the public sphere, and corporatism in the public sphere is fascism.’
- ‘The new economy, the mantra went, would celebrate individuality, workplace democracy and creativity over the old economy mind-set that put a premium on the organisation man, corporatism and sheer size.’
- ‘Whatever the legitimation in terms of harmonious labour relations, corporatism in practice ensured that the interests of big business prevailed over those of organized labour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.