Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of a group of RNA viruses that cause a variety of diseases in humans and other animals.
- ‘The most frequently observed viruses were rhinoviruses followed by coronaviruses and respiratory syncytial virus.’
- ‘SARs is believed to be a type of RNA virus called a coronavirus.’
- ‘Alternatively, it may have derived from one or more unidentified animal coronaviruses that only recently mutated or recombined to create a human pathogen, he says.’
- ‘Another possibility is that the human coronavirus acquired genes from another, more virulent virus.’
- ‘The greatest benefit appears to be in detecting rhinoviruses, coronaviruses, and parainfluenza viruses.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.