One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of RNA viruses that cause a variety of diseases in humans and other animals.
- ‘The greatest benefit appears to be in detecting rhinoviruses, coronaviruses, and parainfluenza viruses.’
- ‘The most frequently observed viruses were rhinoviruses followed by coronaviruses and respiratory syncytial virus.’
- ‘SARs is believed to be a type of RNA virus called a coronavirus.’
- ‘Alternatively, it may have derived from one or more unidentified animal coronaviruses that only recently mutated or recombined to create a human pathogen, he says.’
- ‘Another possibility is that the human coronavirus acquired genes from another, more virulent virus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.