One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A blockage of the flow of blood to the heart, caused by a blood clot in a coronary artery.
blood clot, embolism, embolus, infarctionView synonyms
- ‘Aspirin in low doses also acts as a blood thinning drug and is used to prevent clotting conditions in the arteries like coronary thrombosis.’
- ‘Early the next morning he was found dead in bed of a coronary thrombosis.’
- ‘Acute pancreatitis is sometimes mistaken for a coronary thrombosis.’
- ‘Spending 40 minutes hanging around at icy bus stops will thicken your blood, putting you at risk of coronary thrombosis, stroke, bronchitis and pneumonia.’
- ‘George VI, a heavy smoker, survived a major operation to remove his left lung but later succumbed to a blood clot which caused a coronary thrombosis - a blockage in the blood flow to the heart resulting in a fatal heart attack.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.