One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A blockage of the flow of blood to the heart, caused by a blood clot in a coronary artery.
blood clot, embolism, embolus, infarctionView synonyms
- ‘Early the next morning he was found dead in bed of a coronary thrombosis.’
- ‘George VI, a heavy smoker, survived a major operation to remove his left lung but later succumbed to a blood clot which caused a coronary thrombosis - a blockage in the blood flow to the heart resulting in a fatal heart attack.’
- ‘Spending 40 minutes hanging around at icy bus stops will thicken your blood, putting you at risk of coronary thrombosis, stroke, bronchitis and pneumonia.’
- ‘Acute pancreatitis is sometimes mistaken for a coronary thrombosis.’
- ‘Aspirin in low doses also acts as a blood thinning drug and is used to prevent clotting conditions in the arteries like coronary thrombosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.