One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hospital department that provides special care and monitoring for heart patients.
- ‘An appeal is under way to raise £1.3 million to build a new 10-bed coronary care unit.’
- ‘There is also a 17-bed intensive care unit, a 12-bed burns unit, a 10-bed coronary care unit, six operating theatres, a renal dialysis unit and a fracture clinic.’
- ‘He will also visit the hospital's accident and emergency department, the coronary care unit, intensive care and orthopaedics.’
- ‘The Erne Hospital mobile coronary care unit is a 24/7 service serving a population of 58,000 people across Fermanagh and South Tyrone and has been in operation since 1984.’
- ‘Data were collected in a 32-bed coronary care unit of Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus, Ohio.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.