Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A hospital department that provides special care and monitoring for heart patients.
- ‘Data were collected in a 32-bed coronary care unit of Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus, Ohio.’
- ‘There is also a 17-bed intensive care unit, a 12-bed burns unit, a 10-bed coronary care unit, six operating theatres, a renal dialysis unit and a fracture clinic.’
- ‘An appeal is under way to raise £1.3 million to build a new 10-bed coronary care unit.’
- ‘He will also visit the hospital's accident and emergency department, the coronary care unit, intensive care and orthopaedics.’
- ‘The Erne Hospital mobile coronary care unit is a 24/7 service serving a population of 58,000 people across Fermanagh and South Tyrone and has been in operation since 1984.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.