One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hospital department that provides special care and monitoring for heart patients.
- ‘There is also a 17-bed intensive care unit, a 12-bed burns unit, a 10-bed coronary care unit, six operating theatres, a renal dialysis unit and a fracture clinic.’
- ‘Data were collected in a 32-bed coronary care unit of Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus, Ohio.’
- ‘He will also visit the hospital's accident and emergency department, the coronary care unit, intensive care and orthopaedics.’
- ‘An appeal is under way to raise £1.3 million to build a new 10-bed coronary care unit.’
- ‘The Erne Hospital mobile coronary care unit is a 24/7 service serving a population of 58,000 people across Fermanagh and South Tyrone and has been in operation since 1984.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.