Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A hospital department that provides special care and monitoring for heart patients.
- ‘Data were collected in a 32-bed coronary care unit of Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus, Ohio.’
- ‘An appeal is under way to raise £1.3 million to build a new 10-bed coronary care unit.’
- ‘The Erne Hospital mobile coronary care unit is a 24/7 service serving a population of 58,000 people across Fermanagh and South Tyrone and has been in operation since 1984.’
- ‘There is also a 17-bed intensive care unit, a 12-bed burns unit, a 10-bed coronary care unit, six operating theatres, a renal dialysis unit and a fracture clinic.’
- ‘He will also visit the hospital's accident and emergency department, the coronary care unit, intensive care and orthopaedics.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.