One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fine threadlike styles on an ear of corn.
- ‘Herbal teas are in, especially those containing uva ursi, juniper berry, cornsilk, parsley root, dandelion and hydrangea root.’
(of hair) resembling cornsilk in texture and color; fine and blond.
- ‘It is most beautiful, appearing translucent with a light corn silk color and streaks of black in its grainy looking material.’
- ‘She has cornsilk blond hair.’
- ‘Wilkins, the cover story, is described as "small, rail thin, and perfectly proportioned - with curly, corn silk blonde hair, and an alabaster complexion."’
- ‘She reached the cabin and found her English roommate, the girl with the cornsilk hair, huddled on the concrete stoop.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.