A person whose job is to assist a boxer or wrestler at the corner between rounds.
- ‘I'm entering the ring with no robe, just black shorts and my cornermen around me.’
- ‘Although, the boxing rule forbids Bungu to act as a cornerman as he holds a boxer's license, Boxing SA permitted Bungu to be in Funeka's corner during the fight.’
- ‘His cornermen were unable to stop the bleeding between rounds, and the southpaw fought the entire second round with blood streaming down his face.’
- ‘Everyplace you looked, you'd see cornermen like Charley Goldman, with a stub of a cigar in the corner of his mouth, tending to a fighter.’
- ‘Now Tyson, still minus a chief trainer, must conquer both Etienne's almost supernatural determination and the savvy cornerman Tyson wanted for himself.’