One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dextrose, especially when made from cornstarch.
- ‘Last year, Dow Chemical and Cargill (an international food and agricultural company) broke ground on the world's first manufacturing facility that will make plastic from corn sugar, rather than petroleum.’
- ‘This natural product comes from fermenting corn sugar with the microorganism Xanthomonas campestris.’
- ‘Many sugars are hidden in prepared foods in the form of sucrose and corn sugars.’
- ‘And then you only use 3/4 of a cup of corn sugar for 5 gallons of beer.’
- ‘Ordinary corn syrup can be refined further into what is called ‘corn sugar’ or ‘solid glucose’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.