One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dextrose, especially when made from cornstarch.
- ‘Ordinary corn syrup can be refined further into what is called ‘corn sugar’ or ‘solid glucose’.’
- ‘Many sugars are hidden in prepared foods in the form of sucrose and corn sugars.’
- ‘Last year, Dow Chemical and Cargill (an international food and agricultural company) broke ground on the world's first manufacturing facility that will make plastic from corn sugar, rather than petroleum.’
- ‘This natural product comes from fermenting corn sugar with the microorganism Xanthomonas campestris.’
- ‘And then you only use 3/4 of a cup of corn sugar for 5 gallons of beer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.