Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Snow with a rough granular surface resulting from alternate thawing and freezing.
- ‘Sailing is especially fun in the spring, when the wind is warmer and there's good corn snow.’
- ‘It's suddenly obvious how a backcountry challenge, even more than perfect corn snow or nights in the Post Hotel, can make our relationship complete.’
- ‘Below us is 4,000 vertical feet of superb, low angled corn snow - a velvet road leading straight to the lodge.’
- ‘The flavor of skiing on a perfect day is spiced by the knowledge and experience of conditions far less ideal, from the early season rock ski to the last patches of corn snow.’
- ‘The perfect corn snow was ripening in the sun, and a velvet 45 degree pitch dropped below us like a frozen plume of whitewater.’
From corn in the dialect sense granule.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.