One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A daisylike yellow-flowered Eurasian plant.
- ‘There are also eight annuals including corn poppy, corn marigold and cornflower and three biannuals including the most dramatic of all wildflowers, the foxglove.’
- ‘The front row, of corn marigolds, has barely germinated at all though.’
- ‘An arable area at the Kew Royal Botanic Gardens - part of the Go Wild festival - includes a crop with key colourful plants like common poppy, corn marigold and corncockle, plus some clover and a ‘game strip’ down one side.’
- ‘Corn marigold flowers from June to September, or even into October.’
- ‘As well as holding a huge range of grassland wild flowers, such as ox-eye daisies, poppies, campion and corn marigold, the nursery grows plants from wetland, upland and woodland habitats.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.