One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An American moth caterpillar that is a pest of corn, cotton, and tomatoes.
Heliothis zea, family Noctuidae
- ‘Another pest commonly observed in the ears during the late summer is the corn earworm.’
- ‘Big-eyed bugs appear to prefer the mobile pea aphids to the eggs of corn earworm even though the latter are more nutritious.’
- ‘They are economical to raise, however, and mass releases can be very effective against corn earworm, cabbageworms, loopers, hornworms, codling moth and other leaf-eating caterpillars.’
- ‘The life cycle of the fall armyworm is similar to those of the corn earworm and armyworm.’
- ‘Among the Mexican free-tailed's favorite meals is the corn earworm, a crop-raiding pest that savages cornfields from Texas to Canada.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.