One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A social gathering at which corn on the cob is boiled and eaten.‘we are still in need of people to help serve corn at the corn boil’
- ‘You can see the pot of sweet corn at the museum corn boil a few weeks ago here.’
- ‘This year's Corn Boil will host a new cooking event.’
- ‘One of the most important goals of the Corn Boil, Lindsay said, is giving back to the community.’
- ‘They encouraged people to get involved in the community "corn boil" coming up soon.’
- ‘He always had the best corn at the Sugar Grove corn boil every year.’
- ‘There were more social events in 1995 and while I was there this fall they included a bowling night and all the pizza you could eat, a corn boil and a Christmas pot-luck party at the Faculty Club.’
- ‘Saturday, August 23 rd, 1980: The corn boil was today.’
- ‘Besides the safety concern, inspections would also keep people from sneaking alcohol into the Corn Boil.’
- ‘This year's Corn Boil, held at 61 Main St., promises exciting musical acts on the SoundStage and fun new activities at the Kid's Zone.’
- ‘Enjoy a vintage motorcycles show and corn boil in the peaceful setting of the Billings Estate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.