A shrub or tree that yields light porous timber, in particular.
- ‘The real problems are the corkwoods and the ironwoods.’
- ‘The top of the rise is marked by a twisted old corkwood tree.’
- ‘Two of my favourite indigenous trees for bonsai are the white stinkwood and the red stemmed corkwood or paperbark.’
- ‘At 30 points it is just 5 points bigger than the smallest champions on the Register - the northern bayberry and corkwood.’
- ‘In 2002, when fuel loads were similar to today's, 17 million hectares burned in Central Australia, including a major fire in the West Macs, destroying an old corkwood forest.’