One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Furthermore, given that logophoric pronouns are the only option available in the grammar to encode coreference, any speaker who intends coreference will also have to use a logophoric pronoun.’
- ‘Cases of grammatical coreference that do not respect the sentence boundaries are highly marked.’
- ‘This mimics the way it works in conversation, when coreferences can be used after common ground is established.’
- ‘Additionally, functional operators and coreferences may be used on both sides of the rules.’
- ‘In case of coreferences, for example, the user is presented with a list of coreference candidates and is free to decide whether and which of them to check if at all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.