One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An exercise session that strengthens the muscles of the torso, especially the lower back and abdominal area.
- ‘While the slide board offered a solid core workout when utilized in its purest capacity, there was little room for creative choreography.’
- ‘We do a lot of abs and core workout.’
- ‘Great for dancers interested in supplementing class with a core workout and/or those who want to work their abs and flexibility at home.’
- ‘I guess it is a good core workout trying to keep your balance.’
- ‘The following 15-minute core workout targets your midsection with six exercises, moving from your lower abs to your core, then to your upper abs and finally to your lower back.’
- ‘You could also try splitting your midsection routine into abdominal and core workouts, training abs on pull day and doing core strengthening on push day.’
- ‘"Core workouts, like the ones I do with my trainer, give fast, targeted results."’
- ‘McLain's cutting-edge exercises are designed to work all four abdominal muscles and your spine extensors for a complete core workout.’
- ‘But what do these mean, and why do you need a core workout, anyway?’
- ‘"It works your chest, triceps, shoulders and forearms, and as a bonus, you get a great core workout because of the continuous twisting."’
- ‘For a complete core workout, do exercises that involve a variety of motions—rotation, flexion and extension—while using balance tools to challenge stability.’
- ‘AS a rough guide, he recommends using a 5- to 10-pound ball for tossing exercises, a 10- to 20-pound ball for a solid core workout, and anything more than 20 pounds for a leg routine that on building the quads and hamstrings.’
- ‘Now 46, Cory has downshifted her ab training; it's paired with low back in a core workout she does 2-3 days a week.’
- ‘Next time you're sort on time and still want to get in a thorough ab and core workout, use the crunch and switch your focus from the rectus technique to the oblique technique with each set.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.