Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An exercise session that strengthens the muscles of the torso, especially the lower back and abdominal area.
- ‘McLain's cutting-edge exercises are designed to work all four abdominal muscles and your spine extensors for a complete core workout.’
- ‘While the slide board offered a solid core workout when utilized in its purest capacity, there was little room for creative choreography.’
- ‘"It works your chest, triceps, shoulders and forearms, and as a bonus, you get a great core workout because of the continuous twisting."’
- ‘"Core workouts, like the ones I do with my trainer, give fast, targeted results."’
- ‘I guess it is a good core workout trying to keep your balance.’
- ‘Great for dancers interested in supplementing class with a core workout and/or those who want to work their abs and flexibility at home.’
- ‘For a complete core workout, do exercises that involve a variety of motions—rotation, flexion and extension—while using balance tools to challenge stability.’
- ‘AS a rough guide, he recommends using a 5- to 10-pound ball for tossing exercises, a 10- to 20-pound ball for a solid core workout, and anything more than 20 pounds for a leg routine that on building the quads and hamstrings.’
- ‘You could also try splitting your midsection routine into abdominal and core workouts, training abs on pull day and doing core strengthening on push day.’
- ‘We do a lot of abs and core workout.’
- ‘Next time you're sort on time and still want to get in a thorough ab and core workout, use the crunch and switch your focus from the rectus technique to the oblique technique with each set.’
- ‘But what do these mean, and why do you need a core workout, anyway?’
- ‘The following 15-minute core workout targets your midsection with six exercises, moving from your lower abs to your core, then to your upper abs and finally to your lower back.’
- ‘Now 46, Cory has downshifted her ab training; it's paired with low back in a core workout she does 2-3 days a week.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.