One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The capacity of the muscles of the torso to assist in the maintenance of good posture, balance, etc., especially during movement.
- ‘She led practical and progressive sessions on core stability.’
- ‘They're very functional—excellent for helping to develop core stability.’
- ‘Choose exercises that place maximum demand on your buttock and hamstring muscles while also challenging core stability.’
- ‘To recap, core stability describes a strong trunk which stays rigid during athletic and everyday activities.’
- ‘The exercises required for core stability are very specialised and require instruction from a physiotherapist.’
- ‘Third, muscular strength of both lower back and abdominal muscles will provide support and stability for your spine, sometimes known as core stability.’
- ‘Hence, developing core stability is essential to maintaining optimal fitness, injury prevention and good performance.’
- ‘Physical conditioning includes the requirement to develop skills not normally associated with aerobic fitness and strength such as agility, balance, co-ordination and core stability.’
- ‘Along with defining your buns and the backs of your thighs, you'll develop more core stability, which translates to better posture and stronger muscles.’
- ‘Like all Pilates sessions, the underlying emphasis is on core stability and fluid, functional strength.’
- ‘So while 50 static crunches can't hurt, they aren't necessarily going to help build your core stability.’
- ‘My priority was reducing his weight, strengthening his core stability and making sure he remained supple.’
- ‘If technique, flexibility and core stability (abdominal/postural strength) are all good, no injuries should ever arise.’
- ‘Over the last few years the importance of 'core stability' in athletic training and preparation has been increasingly recognized.’
- ‘It would incorporate co-ordination and isolation skills, as well as learning about the different muscle groups and core stability.’
- ‘This is but one example of a move that improves strength, power, muscle mass, core stability, balance and overall athleticism.’
- ‘Flexibility, strength and core stability are essential pre-requisites for both the dancer and gymnast.’
- ‘Core stability is crucial for injury prevention—anyone who has ever felt the pain of a severe back injury will understand what I am talking about.’
- ‘At the same time, however, we've started working for core stability and improved posture.’
- ‘The transverse abdominus maintains core stability, helping provide support to the spine, rib cage and pelvis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.