One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dump of the contents of main memory, carried out typically as an aid to debugging.
- ‘A log file can be created when the program being checked performs a core dump.’
- ‘When you write programs in user space, the worst thing that can happen to your program is a core dump.’
- ‘The research in question illustrates how a large hard-disk could be scanned quite quickly to search out a private key that may lie in it (e.g., a swap partition, a core dump, etc.).’
- ‘As a result, the same memory area is used for two different purposes, which causes unexpected values that may lead to a program core dump if the memory area contains pointer values or offsets.’
- ‘Comparably, computer science has evolved a jargon which communicates technical ideas among members of the group, including such expressions as dynamic random access memory, read only memory, core dump, and cache buffer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.