One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Attractive medium-sized generally conical to cordiform and short wedge-shaped fruit is formed in good yields.’
- ‘The map is not, strictly speaking, a cordiform projection, but rather the artist's creative design.’
- ‘In the northern part of the cordiform World map he wrote the name Asia on each side of the central meridian to cover both present-day North America and Asia which were represented as one continent.’
- ‘Solitary cells or cordiform couples are always slightly distant from one another with remarkable spaces between them, sometimes slightly radially displaced from one another.’
- ‘The map is also one of the very few cordiform projection world maps obtainable.’
- ‘Art historians have conjectured that the cordiform book in this painting represents a prayer book, and one of the extant heart-shaped books is a 15th-century prayer book of similar form.’
- ‘The cordiform projection employed by Oronce Fine, Gerard Mercator and Abraham Ortelius may have had a hermetic meaning.’
- ‘After sporadic usage, the cordiform projection all but disappeared by the 18th century in favor of the Bonne projection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.