One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of canceling or forgoing a cable television subscription or landline telephone connection in favor of an alternative Internet-based or wireless service.‘the cable industry has seen a decline in television subscribers as customers engage in cord cutting’
- ‘A service that offers live television could make cord cutting even more palatable.’
- ‘There's still a lot of momentum behind cord cutting and a la carte television consumption.’
- ‘It seems that a new statistic emerges every couple of weeks that attempts to quantify the severity of cord cutting.’
- ‘Cable's more reliable performance has served as a deterrent for cord cutting.’
- ‘The cable industry has seen a consistent decline in television subscribers in recent years as customers engage in cord cutting.’
- ‘But the forecast fed recent investor concerns about cord cutting.’
- ‘The concept of cord cutting implies, of course, breaking a consumer's dependence upon cable TV as a provider of entertainment and information.’
- ‘We believe this growth will be short lived as cord cutting continues and alternate video platforms continue to add more subscribers.’
- ‘During the last 14 months, my fiancee and I have found cord cutting to be surprisingly easy overall, though occasionally frustrating.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.