One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Behaving in such a way as to suggest a playful sexual attraction; flirtatious.‘a coquettish grin’
flirtatious, flirty, provocative, seductive, inviting, amorous, kittenish, coy, arch, teasing, playful, frisky, flighty, skittish, dallying, philanderingView synonyms
- ‘He was cute, coquettish - almost the girl of the group - so how could he be smart?’
- ‘Peering out from behind a helmet of black hair, she is stylish but not styled, neither coquettish sex kitten nor guitar-toting tomboy.’
- ‘In common with Alcoholics Anonymous, the manual encourages her to face up to the extent of her mendacity and list her lies, an exercise which allows Porter to go through a series of coquettish and flirty set pieces.’
- ‘The bedroom scenes with a playful and coquettish Cariola show the duchess and Antonio's fragile happiness and the sensuality of their love.’
- ‘Benatar had a rough-hewn sexuality; John was coquettish and irksomely cute.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.