Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who writes the text of advertisements or publicity material.
- ‘At 62, retired and living in Toronto, he should have been in his golden years after a successful career as an advertising copywriter.’
- ‘I started as a copywriter and remained a copywriter for only about six months and then started making commercials and the company saw my passion and let me make ads for them.’
- ‘Each company that hires copywriters sets special standards and requirements for its individual copy writing process.’
- ‘Milton, who worked as a film critic as well as an agency copywriter, was a wordsmith.’
- ‘When advertising guru David Ogilvy worked with his new copywriters, he asked them to write 100 headlines for each ad they created.’
- ‘Maybe advertising copywriters are just ignorant and careless.’
- ‘Usually what comes to mind are the art directors and copywriters at advertising agencies - the creatives.’
- ‘These lines were all written by people in the business of communicating: politicians, advertising copywriters, journalists, government officials.’
- ‘Before that, as an advertising copywriter, I looked at how culture solved problems.’
- ‘Like many small business owners, you might not have the budget to hire a slick copywriter to write all your ads and public relations materials.’
- ‘You are a novelist, an advertising copywriter, and a small business owner.’
- ‘Over the years in Mumbai, she spends time as an advertising copywriter, a freelance journalist and a publications officer for the World Wildlife Fund.’
- ‘In the future, please try to leave the copywriting and editing to the copywriters and editors.’
- ‘Now, that should be some inspiration for the city's umpteen advertising agencies, copywriters and visualisers.’
- ‘We highly recommend a professional copywriter to write the verbiage for your home page at the very least.’
- ‘Second, and more simply, most advertising copywriters are young and male.’
- ‘McDonald's and Chrysler have already used poets as copywriters and voiceovers for their products.’
- ‘Each has its own performance claims, carefully crafted by advertising copywriters.’
- ‘This was obviously written by commercial copywriters, but I can't find anything that I disagree with.’
- ‘The interviewees cover various aspects of the advertising profession, including copywriters, researchers, account planners, and consultants.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.