Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A microprocessor designed to supplement the capabilities of the primary processor.
- ‘His current interests include operating systems, security, secure coprocessors, and simulators.’
- ‘It's also worth mentioning that the quality of the multimedia has a lot to do with audio and video coprocessors.’
- ‘The company has entered the race to deliver microprocessor cores that accept custom-made instructions, saying the move gives designers an alternative to hardwired logic and coprocessors.’
- ‘A video game system includes a game cartridge which is pluggably attached to a main console having a main processor, a 3D graphics generating coprocessor, expandable main memory and player controllers.’
- ‘The on-board graphics coprocessor delivers instantaneous chart redraw and sharp graphics.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.