One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small or microscopic aquatic crustacean of the large class Copepoda.
- ‘Their diet consists mainly of copepods.’
- ‘The most numerous inhabitants are hydroids and copepods.’
- ‘When a female copepod ingests the remains of a male mosquito larva killed by the protozoans, the copepod also ingests the spores.’
- ‘Their diet consists primarily of parasitic copepods and other invertebrates that are taken from the mouth and gill openings of larger fish.’
- ‘This type of feeding can be found among certain spiders, mantids, scorpions, copepods, and midges.’
- ‘Blacksmith are plankton feeders preferring zooplankton, including copepods, and the eggs and larvae of other marine organisms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.