Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Fondle someone sexually, especially in a surreptitious way or without their permission.
- ‘And don't you dare cop a feel in the back seat of my car.’
- ‘Don't tell me you tried to cop a feel or something.’
- ‘As I sauntered down the beach on the prowl for a passed out girl that I could cop a feel from, I spied a raggedy looking tent that was selling strange looking wares.’
- ‘I feel like I just shelled out a couple hundred bucks for dinner for two at a nice restaurant, but didn't even get to cop a feel.’
- ‘Morris copped a feel again this afternoon, shoved his hand right down my uniform.’
- ‘You wouldn't believe how many guys try to cop a feel, or jump on stage and try to molest me.’
- ‘Despite their stuck-in-high-school doofiness, they were loyal friends who tried to do right by the girls, even as they were trying to cop a feel.’
- ‘Then she tried dating, concluding from one adolescent's attempt to cop a feel that all men go about this, no matter what their age.’
- ‘If he tries anything funny, like lifting up her skirt to cop a feel, he gets his hand slapped.’
- ‘‘What a get up,’ he added, copping a feel of Lynn's well outlined derrière.’
- ‘But I know it was probably him trying to cop a feel.’
- ‘The liquor is talking to them and they try to cop a feel.’
- ‘He's hit on me all night, tried cop a feel, and refused to back off.’
- ‘But not even an Italian will cop a feel and then try to get away with a lame: ‘I was just being friendly.’’
- ‘He thinks it's a good thing that I keep staring at him, but really I'm just afraid he's going to try to cop a feel while I'm not looking.’
- ‘People in Cornwall will be parading about in horse costumes trying to cop a feel of the local farmer's daughter.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.