One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The number of atoms or ions immediately surrounding a central atom in a complex or crystal.
- ‘This definition of the first coordination shell gives a coordination number of ~ 2.65.’
- ‘As seen in Fig.10, newly generated cells move to sites with a higher coordination number, i.e., with a higher number of neighboring cells.’
- ‘Finally, we consider the effect of the coordination number of the heme iron atom.’
- ‘These results show a single cell migrating along the colony border toward a site with a larger coordination number.’
- ‘The hydration pattern is perturbed around the star site; the running coordination number is greater by 1.6 water molecules than that of the correct site.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.