One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The number of atoms or ions immediately surrounding a central atom in a complex or crystal.
- ‘The hydration pattern is perturbed around the star site; the running coordination number is greater by 1.6 water molecules than that of the correct site.’
- ‘These results show a single cell migrating along the colony border toward a site with a larger coordination number.’
- ‘This definition of the first coordination shell gives a coordination number of ~ 2.65.’
- ‘Finally, we consider the effect of the coordination number of the heme iron atom.’
- ‘As seen in Fig.10, newly generated cells move to sites with a higher coordination number, i.e., with a higher number of neighboring cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.