Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Collaboration between business competitors, in the hope of mutually beneficial results.
collaboration, working together, joint action, combined effort, teamwork, mutual support, partnership, coopetition, coordination, liaison, association, synergy, unity, concurrence, concord, accord, understanding, give and take, compromiseView synonyms
- ‘Studies on coopetition have developed rapidly, particularly in recent years, and the concept has been used to explain many economic and social phenomena in various industries and in different countries.’
- ‘Even those not moved by industry buzzwords like coopetition and strategic synergy would have to pay heed to statistics that show CEOs are focusing more than ever on savvy alliance building.’
- ‘A market analyst says the use of BCA ATMs by other banks is the proof of a new era called coopetition; an era where competition goes side by side with co-operation.’
- ‘Under coopetition there is a paradox that the knowledge shared for cooperation may also be used for competition.’
- ‘Ten to fifteen years ago, a lot was being written about the concept of coopetition.’
- ‘‘We use the word ‘coopetition’ a lot here,’ says Catherine Dunwoody, the partnership's executive director.’
- ‘For certain pairings, coopetition has been a reality for many years.’
- ‘Some teachers see coopetition as disruptive and threatening to their pedagogical and political beliefs.’
- ‘She examines how coopetition is today being applied to the relations between multinational enterprises and their global rivals, foreign governments, alliance partners, and corporate sub-units.’
- ‘He views this as healthy coopetition.’
1980s: blend of cooperative and competition.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.