One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to express approval or delight.‘Your favorite character is Sophie? Cool beans’
- ‘Cool beans if you have an SLR, but I wonder how much the lens/software package is going to cost you.’
- ‘I have a cool beans idea, but I need some advice.’
- ‘Cool beans, here's Arthur Clarke presenting Adapted Screenplay.’
- ‘In short, Al is cool beans.’
- ‘If he's downloaded OpenOffice I know what his reaction was after installing it - cool beans.’
- ‘He's wearing stage make-up, which he carries in a little bag, and he uses expressions like "Cool beans!"’
- ‘Cool beans, Jeff's back and I can claim my prize!’
- ‘They're doing the song in character. Cool beans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.