Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Pots, pans, or dishes for cooking food.‘cast-iron cookware’
- ‘"Today, no one shows any interest in non-stick cookware, " he said.’
- ‘Myth 1: Non-stick cookware can't stand high temperatures’
- ‘Wash or disinfect your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizers, and clean cookware and utensils thoroughly with soap and water.’
- ‘The owner of this Seattle kitchen is an avid chef, with a large collection of cookware and plates.’
- ‘If you are short on cabinet space but have plenty of wall space, try using an old bureau to store canned goods, towels or extra dishes and cookware.’
- ‘And speaking of shopping, many stores will be giving out discount certificates for holiday shopping on most cookware throughout their stores.’
- ‘To protect yourself, determine what your cookware, bakeware, dinnerware, and utensils are made of; you'll probably need to contact the manufacturer to check.’
- ‘Kitchen pots should be made of copper, steel or cast iron - cookware tends to be large and plain.’
- ‘Bringing cookware and utensils from home saves money, but for about $50, you can outfit your outdoor kitchen with a generous selection of basics.’
- ‘Glass ceramics are used for range tops, counter tops, dinnerware, and cookware.’
- ‘The counters were covered with dirty dishes and cookware.’
- ‘Never cook on high heat with stainless cookware.’
- ‘My grandfather had made domestic pots and I'd been thinking about making cookware for years.’
- ‘Cooking these meals in cast-iron cookware provides an additional iron boost.’
- ‘The material is now used in a host of products ranging from kitchen cookware to baking sprays to stain repellents used for fabrics and textiles.’
- ‘Dishes and cookware, for example, would come in handy.’
- ‘Invest in nonstick cookware to sauté or brown foods so that you don't need to add fat, such as vegetable oil or butter.’
- ‘Now cooks have access to a vast range of cookware.’
- ‘However, some new metal cookware is specially configured for use in microwave ovens.’
- ‘He has his own line of cookware, has written multiple books in many languages, consults for many restaurants, and endorses a line of prepared foods and sauces - the list goes on and on.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.