Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The practice or skill of preparing and cooking food.‘European peasant cookery’[as modifier] ‘cookery writers’
- ‘What makes it worse is that school children get almost no other teaching about food or cookery.’
- ‘As well as anger management classes, they take lessons on cookery and childcare skills.’
- ‘Those who take cookery courses come from all backgrounds.’
- ‘It wasn't just a hospital but a place where they were taught skills like cookery and crafts.’
- ‘Maybe there is a commercial opportunity for Italian cookery lessons here!’
- ‘Further-more, if you miss one cookery programme, there is always another one along in a moment.’
- ‘He was spotted by a TV producer and went on to make 19 series of television cookery programmes’
- ‘The participants in cookery had to prepare four varieties of food.’
- ‘Known for his love of good wine as well as good food, he has written many books and presented more than a dozen TV cookery programmes.’
- ‘Students learn everything from cookery to business management and are normally school leavers looking to move into the tourism industry.’
- ‘She successfully completed a Cordon Bleu cookery course earlier this year.’
- ‘I am indebted to Scottish cookery writer, Sue Lawrence, for this recipe.’
- ‘The new days would fit in with planned activities including cookery demonstrations and a pensioners' luncheon club.’
- ‘Competitors had to display their creative tasks in carpentry, craft, cookery and computer skills.’
- ‘And like all cookery shows, it also gave the impression that cooking is done without cleaning.’
- ‘I have completed courses in dressmaking, cookery, flower arranging and painting.’
- ‘The library also has a wide range of titles on gardening, cookery, history, computers, biography and travel.’
- ‘So check out what the best cookery courses in the UK and overseas have to offer.’
- ‘There was a great turnout on their first night back and a full timetable of events has been planned, such as cookery classes and beauty courses.’
- ‘As part of the hotel's entertainment programme, cookery demonstrations are staged throughout the year.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.