One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A book containing recipes and other information about the preparation and cooking of food.
- ‘He also wrote three cookbooks and many food articles.’
- ‘But she was still a teacher, she still loved teaching, and she still loved food - a cookbook is Hilary's idea of bedtime reading.’
- ‘He pulled out his grandmother's old cookbook and started preparing a small dinner.’
- ‘You might say that a cookbook is an unusual book to consider really influential.’
- ‘It's easy to print recipes or store them in your own online cookbook.’
- ‘And therein lies what I like about this cookbook - good food can be fast.’
- ‘Rotate products from the back of the shelf to the front during cleaning, and clear out cabinet castaways by using cookbooks that have food indexes in the back.’
- ‘Her hobbies are reading and cooking but I think I've exhausted the book / cookbook gift in recent years.’
- ‘This is more an encyclopedia of Italian food than a cookbook.’
- ‘You can find diabetic cookbooks that focus on foods from different cultures and ethnicities.’
- ‘I can find recipes in my oldest cookbooks, looking pretty much the same in my new ones.’
- ‘I will tell you a bit about what forms the backbone of a cookbook - the recipes.’
- ‘After a valiant effort to change recipes to milliliters, cookbooks have gone back to the old cups and teaspoons.’
- ‘I was far beyond the suggested cooking time from the cookbook, yet it was definitely not cooked enough.’
- ‘This attractive hardcover cookbook contains interesting recipes from start to finish.’
- ‘Books about genes seem to have joined the ranks of cookbooks and doctor books in that there appears to be an insatiable market for them.’
- ‘The recipe is in that cookbook and most of the ingredients are sitting out on the counter I think.’
- ‘Year after year, cookbooks and diet books are the biggest sellers - how not to eat it, once you've learn how to cook it.’
- ‘Sheila quickly tired of eating salads, though, and bought low fat cookbooks and food magazines and watched television shows about healthy cooking.’
- ‘The source of this astonishing information is a cookbook that belonged to my grandmother.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.