One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When Anne left, I'd wake up in the morning, and my eyes would just immediately fill up with tears, and I would start convulsively crying.’
- ‘My hands convulsively clenched, my teeth clamped together, my nostrils flared, my lips curled, and a red mist descended in front of my eyes.’
- ‘My scream flew up, bounced off my palate, and was swallowed convulsively, never quite managing to escape.’
- ‘While feverish attempts were made to locate the ambulance - hired for the tournament - the youngster remained lying in the ring for close to ten minutes jerking convulsively through laboured breathing.’
- ‘I can still see how it looked in the rear view mirror with its tail convulsively thrashing around.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.