One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘While feverish attempts were made to locate the ambulance - hired for the tournament - the youngster remained lying in the ring for close to ten minutes jerking convulsively through laboured breathing.’
- ‘My scream flew up, bounced off my palate, and was swallowed convulsively, never quite managing to escape.’
- ‘I can still see how it looked in the rear view mirror with its tail convulsively thrashing around.’
- ‘When Anne left, I'd wake up in the morning, and my eyes would just immediately fill up with tears, and I would start convulsively crying.’
- ‘My hands convulsively clenched, my teeth clamped together, my nostrils flared, my lips curled, and a red mist descended in front of my eyes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.