One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make (an argument, story, etc.) complex and difficult to follow.
- ‘Mascara is a movie that wants to say something deep and profound about young women in a society that has convoluted the rules as to what makes them female.’
- ‘According to the most simple model, each species is accounted for by a mono-exponential decay function that is convoluted with the respective instrument response function (IRF).’
- ‘The data was therefore convoluted with a profile that mimics the image of a microtubule to filter out the vertical coordinate.’
- ‘Sula challenges us to reconsider how histories of tops and bottoms, ups and downs within American social structures become convoluted into the ironic hierarchies and differences in African American society.’
- ‘The portrayal of characters, with a few notable exceptions, further convoluted any understanding of the spirit and emotion behind this tale.’
Rolled longitudinally upon itself, as a leaf in the bud.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.