One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being friendly and lively; friendliness.‘the conviviality of the evening’
friendliness, geniality, affability, amiability, congeniality, good humour, cordiality, warmth, warm-heartedness, good nature, sociability, gregariousness, clubbability, companionabilityView synonyms
- ‘Breaking bread together is communion, community, the conviviality of friendship.’
- ‘In his work on immediatism in particular, I see a kind of joy in ‘everyday life’ - the small acts of conviviality and sociability that make life worth living.’
- ‘I'm hoping to hook up with friends for dinner and conviviality.’
- ‘The celebration dinner at the Bear Hotel was the usual blend of conviviality, bonhomie and generosity that has characterised the club's activities over the years.’
- ‘The criteria for the places you chose to feature in your guide are very different from those of traditional restaurant guides: artisanship, tradition, conviviality and sustainability.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.