One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
White rice prepared from brown rice that has been soaked, steamed under pressure, and then dried and milled.
- ‘This is a sausage and rice casserole recipe made with bulk sausage, converted rice and vegetables.’
- ‘Because of the cooking method, converted rice is actually slightly more nutritious than regular white rice.’
- ‘If you prepare the risotto with regular converted rice, you may not need to use all of the broth.’
- ‘This process leaves some B vitamins inside the converted rice even though the manufacturers remove the outside layers, but this version is still not your best choice.’
- ‘Do not confuse converted rice with instant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.