One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A van in which the cargo space has been converted to a special purpose, such as a living space.
- ‘It was black, a full-size conversion van with darkly tinted windows, and the driver had managed to wrestle it across the ditch and onto the grass on the opposite side of the road.’
- ‘The danger of their situation became apparent as they slid through the back door and another man was standing by a conversion van, a semi-automatic rifle aimed towards the ground.’
- ‘It woke up most of the sleeping neighbors, but nobody in the conversion van really cared.’
- ‘Leaders at GM's van division thought that there might be a profitable niche market for an updated version of the conversion vans that were popular in the 1970s.’
- ‘Mom rented a conversion van and the six of us went to every garage sale in a hundred mile radius.’
- ‘Maria Constance had told him that the family had smuggled themselves to Colorado in the back of a rusted-out conversion van.’
- ‘When everyone had finally piled into the conversion van, they were in there same seats.’
- ‘An eighties conversion van pulled from the parking lot and passed by the front windows.’
- ‘If a completely decked-out, full-sized conversion van is parked in front of the local weekly newspaper office, there's a politician loose in the community.’
- ‘It was that size in between a conversion van and a small Winnebago and this sucker had seen the miles.’
- ‘Detective Johan floored the pedal, yet his conversion van lagged behind the awesome truck, on the last leg of the toll way.’
- ‘She may be driving a White Chevy conversion van with light blue or green pin stripes.’
- ‘The players took two luxury buses to the venue while Natalie and her camera crew followed behind the buses in a BSN conversion van.’
- ‘Picture a beat-up old station wagon or conversion van long past its prime.’
- ‘Furthermore, I, who had never driven anything larger than a conversion van, would receive free training to safely control the large vehicle.’
- ‘Try checking the classifieds section of your local paper, under ‘conversion vans ‘or ‘specialty vehicles.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.