One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The memorial's organization of form and materials might suggest a kind of natural, earthy, broad-sweeping and open Australianness in contrast to the ceremonious conventionality of old world edifices.’
- ‘Real commitment is often lacking; the time at university provides an opportunity to engage in harmless extremism before settling down to a life of conventionality.’
- ‘I've imparted to his nature this bit of ill-gotten reliance on commonplace conventionality, and I thus entreat him to explain his motives.’
- ‘However, this literature provides numerous examples of the codes that indicate considerable variations in how conventionality and the codes are exhibited by specific individuals or social networks.’
- ‘I like normality and (despite my rants) I like conventionality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.