One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He in turn, should have kept away from the conventionalist normally.’
- ‘The conventionalist's response to this will have to be that the conventions of language characterize only this literal meaning which speakers can then play around with in the ways Davidson describes.’
- ‘What, indeed, do the conventionalists themselves understand in speaking of the world as containing identifiable ‘objects’ at all?’
- ‘A conventionalist claims that scientific laws or principles are not empirical descriptions of reality but arbitrary conventions or stipulations.’
- ‘People before our fact-obsessed centuries were fully at ease with the made-up fiction, and so I see myself as a traditionalist rather than a conventionalist I suppose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.