One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A heating appliance that circulates warm air by convection.
- ‘The units will come with gas-fired central heating and gas convector fires.’
- ‘Had Advanced Diver ‘Sparky ‘Wilson not converted the boat radio into a primitive convector heater, I'm not at all sure we would have made it.’’
- ‘A hydronic valence convector system provides radiant cooling and heating of the offices using significantly less energy than fan coil units would.’
- ‘I bend down to switch on the little convector / heater/blower’
- ‘The steam travels through pipes to radiators or convectors, which give off heat and warm the room.’
- ‘This usually means the use of a convector fire or glass fronted roomheater, which needs to be sized to meet the particular heat requirements of the room.’
- ‘The bleed valve is located at the top end of the radiator and at one end of the baseboard convector.’
- ‘Cooling is provided using ground water that pre-cools and dehumidifies the incoming air, and then runs through high-level cooling convectors in the offices for additional effect.’
- ‘The council had provided the single mum, who has lived in the house for more than seven years, with a convector heater.’
- ‘The systems are safeguarded from boiling by ensuring an automatic heat dump to additional heating devices, e.g. fin-tube convectors.’
- ‘This configuration draws air into the occupied space across tempering fin-tube convectors, creating a comfortable temperature-controlled natural ventilation.’
- ‘They act as a ‘hot box’ so that if the electrical and mechanical systems fail, they will act as passive solar convectors, pulling cool air from levels below ground.’
- ‘I rang them up and within an hour I was supplied with two portable convector heaters on loan.’
- ‘A basic steel-panelled convector radiator costs about £100 and a boiler £700 - £1,200.’
- ‘Attention is drawn also to a non-working convector heater.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.