One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A heating appliance that circulates warm air by convection.
- ‘The units will come with gas-fired central heating and gas convector fires.’
- ‘I bend down to switch on the little convector / heater/blower’
- ‘This usually means the use of a convector fire or glass fronted roomheater, which needs to be sized to meet the particular heat requirements of the room.’
- ‘Cooling is provided using ground water that pre-cools and dehumidifies the incoming air, and then runs through high-level cooling convectors in the offices for additional effect.’
- ‘The bleed valve is located at the top end of the radiator and at one end of the baseboard convector.’
- ‘The systems are safeguarded from boiling by ensuring an automatic heat dump to additional heating devices, e.g. fin-tube convectors.’
- ‘This configuration draws air into the occupied space across tempering fin-tube convectors, creating a comfortable temperature-controlled natural ventilation.’
- ‘They act as a ‘hot box’ so that if the electrical and mechanical systems fail, they will act as passive solar convectors, pulling cool air from levels below ground.’
- ‘I rang them up and within an hour I was supplied with two portable convector heaters on loan.’
- ‘A hydronic valence convector system provides radiant cooling and heating of the offices using significantly less energy than fan coil units would.’
- ‘Had Advanced Diver ‘Sparky ‘Wilson not converted the boat radio into a primitive convector heater, I'm not at all sure we would have made it.’’
- ‘A basic steel-panelled convector radiator costs about £100 and a boiler £700 - £1,200.’
- ‘The council had provided the single mum, who has lived in the house for more than seven years, with a convector heater.’
- ‘Attention is drawn also to a non-working convector heater.’
- ‘The steam travels through pipes to radiators or convectors, which give off heat and warm the room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.