One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This cycle is repeated over and over to generate what scientists call a convection cell or convective flow.’
- ‘This area of the world is one of only a few places where the underlying ocean column is marginally stable enough that this process can occur in the open ocean and lead to convective chimneys going down 2000 to 3000 meters.’
- ‘As long as the bird is resting and those feathers are sealed off, you do not have substantial free convection and easy convective movement-it is all conduction and radiation processes within the feathers.’
- ‘The conditions required for tropical cyclones are also suitable conditions for thunderstorms, deep convective clouds with strong updraughts.’
- ‘This diagram shows three major convective cells between the equator and the pole.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.