One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cooking device that heats food by the circulation of hot air.
- ‘Bake pie in a 375 [degrees] regular or convection oven until top crust is browned and filling is bubbling in the center, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.’
- ‘That sounds slightly more involved than it really is - we bought a combination microwave / convection oven.’
- ‘Flick some flour on a baking tray, line up the biscuits five by fifteen, brush on some liquid butter and throw them in the convection oven for twelve minutes.’
- ‘While she poured the drinks, the timer on the convection oven started ringing.’
- ‘Quake's lab can make the chips with $30 bottles of rubber, an ultraviolet light to create molds and a convection oven to cure the rubber.’
- ‘Wendy looked at her oven capacity: one big one beneath the range, two medium-sized ovens mounted in the north wall in an over-and-under arrangement, and a large convection oven below the warming board on the east wall.’
- ‘The space shuttle has a small convection oven to warm foods at temperatures of 145 to 185°C [293 to 365°F]. No cooking is done during space flight.’
- ‘To reheat, remove plastic wrap; cover casserole tightly with foil and bake in a 375 [degrees] regular or convection oven until bubbling and hot in the center, about 30 minutes, then continue with step 9.’
- ‘I accidentally cooked the sausages in the convection oven for too long so they became hard as cardboard and tasted horrible.’
- ‘Bake in a 450 [degrees] regular or convection oven, turning occasionally with a wide spatula, until potatoes are golden brown and tender when pierced, 35 to 40 minutes.’
- ‘State-of-the-art stainless steel appliances, including a commercial style gas cooktop, a combination microwave and convection oven, and a quiet dishwasher, blend smoothly into the design.’
- ‘Upon arrival, the samples were dried at 70 [degrees] C in a convection oven.’
- ‘Viking's version comes with a 15,000 - BTU burner and a convection oven.’
- ‘As yet, there's no industry standard for what constitutes a convection oven.’
- ‘The necessary dwell time of the coated sheet metals was 30 seconds in a stationary convection oven.’
- ‘I also turn on the big convection oven, just to get it heating up.’
- ‘I often work on the index card and then put the finished piece, still on its index card, directly into the convection oven (a good oven is such an integral part of clay.’
- ‘I have tried to show her how to use the simple microwave and the convection oven, but she will not use either, despite smiling and saying she understands every time.’
- ‘As claimed, the convection oven is faster and the food is more evenly baked, roasted and broiled.’
- ‘Above-ground vine parts were then sorted into five tissue types (primary and lateral leaves, primary and lateral stems, and grapes), dried in a convection oven at 70°C to a constant mass and weighed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.